Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I made it!!!!!!!

Well Everyone!!!!! I made it and was today ever busy. Shanghai is such a beautiful city. And it is absolutely huge. For those of you living in Michigan, Shanghai is roughly 2400 square miles with a population of 18.2 Million. Now the size is like from Grand Blanc, MI to the RenCen in Detroit and from Grand Blanc to Lansing!!!! My boss was correct...you CANNOT walk to work, as I had originally thought. There are cars, buses, vans,motorcycles, bicycles and scooters goin' every which away!!!! I also now understand why foreigners aren't allowed to drive. It took 25 minutes to go the few kilometers to work today and it was an adventure. Today, I was issued a laptop, had 2 orientations and now have to roust up some documents to get my multi-entry visa. I had a meeting with the Thermal Products AP team and have another tomorrow. Also I will have a conference call at 8:30PM tomorrow. So another busy day. It's been so busy in fact, I have not even had a chance to take any pictures. I will take some in the next few days so that you can all get a flavor of Shanghai. All for now!!! Have a great day and write back soon!!!!

4 comments:

PamelaJean said...

You hit the ground running like I knew you would. I'm looking forward to your pictures Babe.

p.s. I can't believe you ran into Ed in the elevator . . . if you see him again . . . tell him I said 'Hi'. I will be humming "it's a small world after all" the rest of the day. :-)

srah said...

I would still be asleep!

LoriK said...

Glad to hear you made it safely -- can't wait to see pictures!

The aisle is quiet without you here -- not to say you made a lot of noise (although, maybe you did). Day 2 of you being gone and I have yet to hear from Dave D.!

Anonymous said...

Yay Dad! I hope things are going great! Jill loved her message.