Tuesday, April 24, 2007

(Not) Faster than a speeding bullet . . . But close!


Lest any of you think that China is a country not leaping forward in technology, take a look at the train system that opened April 18,2007 this year. This train can travel at a maximum speed of 240 KMH or 144 MPH. This train was very comfortable to ride in and was as smooth as silk. Basically it was as smooth as a plane ride and there was NO turbulence!!. We went to the Nanjing Auto Parts exposition and there were in excess of 1,500 suppliers. This was bigger than AAPEX in Las Vegas!!! I swear Kurt and I walked at least 8 or 9 miles. The trip to Nanjing took just over 2 hours. The maximum speed that we went was 214 KMH OR 128.4 MPH. All in all a good adventure and it was a chance to get to know our Comrades here in China better!!! All for now..............

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of the monorail at Disney World . . . in a brand new shiny, high tech way that doesn't resemble it at all! ;-) I'm so glad your trip went well. Perhaps it's time to go get a massage over there after all that walking, eh?

srah said...

That looks neat!

BDUB said...

Cool Train.
Me and Dinda will hit the links tonight (hopefully, it is raining right now and for the second Wednesday in a row). This will be our first official BOS event. I will let you know how we fared.
BW

Anonymous said...

Your golf buddy, Bruce, passed along your link and am I ever glad. I love to travel myself and when I can't I enjoy traveling vicariously through others. I found every posting interesting and can't wait to see and hear more. I know the lunch group in your old row misses you. See you soon.

AKA said...

Hey, is there a "pilot" in that thing. Hope it's not remote controlled.

Still haven't seen any desks in any of your pics. Are you sure you are working?

Commentary and pictures are great. You could have another career, if the gig in Shanghai doesn't pan out. Ha, ha......

It's raining..........

Anonymous said...

Dude, dad, that is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Find the pics and info great. Gives a nice "picture" of the people and atmosphere of where you are at. Is the weather similar to hear.
Need to get one of those trains!

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

To all-Just want to let you know that I have appreciated all your updates on weather, sports and the golf league!!!The weather is warmer here. Shanghai is about on the same lattitude as Dallas TX. PS-my desk has a laptop on it and that's all....not much of a picture, but I will get one on the blog soon....John