Sunday, May 6, 2007

So you think you are old, do ya????


This last week, during the World Labor Day holiday, I had the opportunity to go to the Shanghai Museum with my Sister-in-Law Deb, friend Al from the States and Kurt. We went to three sections, the bronze, the pottery and the jade sections. I know that many of us think that a few hundred years is old and in our country, that is true. In Europe, we think that 600-700 years is old. At this museum, there were items that have been dated back to around the 51st. century BC. Yup, you got that right. 5100 years before zero!!!! This one little statue is kind of a youngster (around the 34th century BC) his description is "Divine Figure". So if you think you are old, you're not!!!! Also I found these clay pots very interesting as they have an amazing appearance similar to that of the Navaho or Hopi Indian tribe art. There is some thought that some Native Americans are of Asian descent. These were done around 2600 BC. How could the similarities in art be coincidental? Now that is food for thought. My next blog will show an interesting irony, that I uncovered during one of my adventures here in China........more later folks!!!! Take care I enjoy reading your comments and how far along is Will Ferrell's movie?

4 comments:

AKA said...

I'm afraid Will Farrell and crew packed up late last week and headed outta Dodge.

Now, if Lakisha makes the final 3 on American Idol, AI will be coming to Flint and filming the homecoming segment, which is routine for the final three.

Pushing 80's today. Yippee. . . .

Keep up the postings. You are right about that clay pot, has the look of American Indian, hmmmmm.

Anita

Unknown said...

That is so awesome dad. I'm kinda jealous of your adventures. I hope you're taking like a million pictures.

Love you!
-Daughter #2

Anonymous said...

I thought the "Divine Figure" would have more of a resemblence to aka.

BDUB said...

Divine figure.....nah, I like J Money better.
Hey we got rained out last night. One more round for you to play when you come back. Me, JJ, Double D and Gunner all played the back. We didn't need the row boat back there. Shot pretty well. JJ beat me by two strokes. He's getting lessons from Gunner and Malcolm. Look out match play. See ya. BW