Monday, March 26, 2007

Well, here I go and I am so excited!!!!

In just a few days, I will be leaving for Shanghai for a minimum 90 day work assignment. I am so excited. This little farm boy has never been so far from home all by himself. I am starting to miss Pam and the kids already as I believe I know what that is going to feel like. I do know that work is going to keep me real busy and that is a real good thing. I can say a few things in Chinese. Things like....Hello, my name is John Munsell. It is an honor to meet you. And I can say Good bye. I am working on it and it will all be good. I have purchased a memory card for my camera and it is large enough so that I can put 2792 pictures on it before I fill it up. Great ain't it!!!! Now I just have to figure out how to upload the pictures I take. That will be a blast!!!! All for now. I leave Sunday April 1,2007 and there will probably be more posts.

Gotta go TTFN

5 comments:

RBooz said...

Greetings from Levittown PA. John, you will have a wonderful time in China! When you get lonely, just look at the stars and you will know that you are not far from home. I'll watch them too!

srah said...

Ni hao! Wo bu shi zai tushuguan!

(Hello! I am not at the library!)

Wo he pijiu!

(I drink beer!)

Wo bu he cha!

(I don't drink tea!)

Unfortunately I don't remember the word for coffee. :(

srah said...

Oh, I forgot:

Yi er san si wu = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Meiguoren = American (person)
Zhongguoren = Chinese (person)
Zhongwen = Chinese language (I think)

I've forgotten everything else, including how to say "I don't speak". So... not very helpful. :)

UNC_COWBOYS said...

John, Good Luck to you! I will miss the "sarcasm" in the weight room and on the golf course. (Are you making crepes or lifting weights?)

Make sure you represent our four fathers and those @ GM well!

“More important than the quest for certainty is the quest for clarity.” (Francois Gautier, journalist)

“If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” (Dale Carnegie)

Judy said...

Hey John, Thank you for such a fun appointment. I hope you had a nice flight to China. If I talk to Bill, I will get his theory from him and send it to you. According to him, it really works! Talk to you soon. Judy